Due to COVID-19, all card applications are to be made online until further notice.
If you've never had a library card before, apply online by filling out this simple form. Library staff will create your account within 72 hours and email you a virtual barcode that you can use to access all our Digital Shelf resources, downloads and streaming services.
If you would like full access, including our physical collections of books, movies, CDs, video games and more via Curbside Pickup, your email will also include information on how to video conference live with Access staff.
Membership is free to all who live, work, attend school, or own property in Aurora or any York Region municipality (as per YRPLP agreement). Identification with current address is required for all registrations.
Children 13 and under must have a parent or legal guardian with them to receive their card. The parent or legal guardian must show identification with current address and is responsible for the selection, usage, and return of library material, as well as any fines or fees that may accumulate.
- There is an annual fee of $60 per person for out-of-area residents (exclusive of YRPLP members).
- Temporary Aurora residents may apply for a three (3) month membership and will be charged a deposit of $20 which is refundable upon return of all materials and the membership card including receipt for the deposit.
- Customers in temporary housing (e.g. shelters or hostels) who are unable to provide a permanent address may borrow three (3) print materials at a time and must renew their card every three (3) months. A letter from the place of housing on letterhead is required to confirm residency.
- For work or school related membership, specific documentation of employment or enrolment is also required at registration and at annual membership renewal.
- The replacement fee for a lost library card is $3.00.
Forms of current identification providing name and address can include:
Adults, Youth and Parents/Guardians of Children 13 and Under:
- Driver’s licence
- Pay stub or direct deposit stub
- Utility or cell phone bill
- Bank statement
- Ontario Motor Vehicle Permit
- Mortgage, rental or lease agreement
Those Attending School:
- Report card with address, verification of enrollment on school letterhead, or recent student ID card
Those Who Work in Aurora:
- Pay stub with local address, T4 statement, verification of employment on business letterhead
A member’s library card expires bi-annually. At that time, name, address and telephone number are verified and outstanding fines and fees are settled before the library card is renewed.